The director of schools shall ensure that credit recovery facilitators receive training regarding course organization, online instruction management, and related technology.
Credit recovery teachers shall comply with all State Board of Education certification requirements.1
ADMISSION AND REMOVAL
No student shall be admitted to or otherwise enrolled in credit recovery courses unless:
If a student is seeking to recover credit for the first semester of a two-semester course, the student may not receive the full credit for the course until he/she has enrolled in and passed the second semester of the course and taken any applicable End of Course examinations.
The board shall track students enrolled in credit recovery courses as directed by the Tennessee Department of Education.
INSTRUCTION AND CONTENT1
Credit recovery teachers shall work closely with credit recovery facilitators to correlate class content and instruction.
The director of schools shall ensure that all credit recovery courses:
- Align with Tennessee’s current academic standards for the relevant course content area, as approved by the State Board of Education; and
- Differentiate instruction to address individual student growth needs based on diagnostic assessment or End of Course data.
Students in credit recovery programs shall:
- Complete a course skill-specific diagnostic to determine skill-specific goals;
- Meet individual skill-specific goals in a flexible time frame as established by identified student need;
- Master all individualized skill-specific goals as established by the diagnostic process in order to earn credit.